- I see clocks still an hour behind
- 4 inches of unshoveled snow
- a car without 4-wheel drive
- a cookie booth in front of Wal-Mart
- and kids and mom still in their jammies.
Yep, it’s already after
1:00 2:00 and I have done nothing, or practically nothing, since I got up. And later Drama Girl and I have to man the cookie booth for an hour outside of Wal-Mart, the mid-America mecca of crowds, human oddities and low prices, for her Brownie troop. I know the store gets a ton of foot traffic, but couldn’t we have “settled” (begged) to sell our Thin Mints and Samoas at a place where we’d be allowed inside? Did I mention it’s 27 degrees according to the local weather report — but that it feels like 15?
Brown bear, brown bear, would you please eat our cookies, and put me out of my misery?