Today has been one of those days – a day of questions. No, not the deep, spiritual, thoughtful kind that the Easter season inspires in most people. No, I’m talking about those inspired by the experiences of Good Mama/Bad Mama like:
- Who thought giving kids a bunch of hard boiled eggs to drop into plastic cups filled with dye was a good idea?
- Why is it 30 degrees and snowing this weekend when it was 80 degrees a few days ago while I was at work? (Related question: Is Mother Nature laughing at us right now?)
- Why is it that the only thing my kids want to do inside (while it is 30 and snowing outside) is to shriek at the top of their lungs and catapult themselves off the sofa?
- Will anyone notice that I finished the 2 large bags of pastel M&Ms before Easter?
- Why did I throw out my son’s egg drawing…only to have him discover it in the garbage and burst into tears? (Related note: Now the drawing is on the fridge. Don’t worry, it was on the top of the garbage – like George Castanza’s eclair.)
- How did I become the crazy mother in Target a few hours ago threatening her children: “If you don’t stop that, I’ll tell the Easter Bunny to stay home”?
Okay, so the threat of no Easter Bunny isn’t quite on par with “no Santa Claus,” but it quieted T-Rex and Drama Girl down in the store…for about 5 minutes.
Now we’re all winding down for the evening and conserving energy for tomorrow. I still need to make a cheesecake, and hopefully can work on my novel a bit before I gather the chocolate and goodies to fill the baskets.
The question is: If Easter Bunny finishes off a few more Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs before they make it into the baskets, does that mean the calories don’t count?
Forget it. I know the answer. Happy Easter and Passover.